Wednesday 19th August 2020, 13:00 AEST
Incorporating authentic examples of practice and facilitated discussion, the purpose of this webinar is to explore the use of portfolios and portfolio thinking in Teacher Education. Invited presenters from four universities will showcase examples that:
- Use portfolio tasks to capture learning experiences and showcase new understanding
- Scaffold learners to build professional skills such as teacher voice, writing, reflection, planning etc.
- Map professional standards across the course and make this process explicit for students through intentional activity.
- Ensure that placement is optimised through before-during-after record keeping and reflection
- Reflect on simulated teaching experiences to enhance teaching and classroom management skills.
The webinar will also facilitate discussion about some of the issues, challenges and benefits of engaging with portfolio thinking in teacher education.