Tuesday 25th August 2020, 13:00 AEST
Incorporating authentic examples of practice and facilitated discussion, our expert webinar draws on the experiences of nursing educators in our PebblePad community to show their solutions to common challenges encountered in supporting learners on their journey to becoming nurses.
Portfolios as a means of proving competence are not new to this discipline but this webinar includes a diverse mix of ideas from four institutions on how this journey can be captured and showcased.
- Electronic clinical placement workbooks for large cohorts, including mobile enabled hours tracking, comprehensive clinical sign off and LMS integration.
- Formative feedback and reflection via Video logs
- Bedside simulation techniques to scaffold learning.
- Microcredentials within portfolios
- Facilitating external assessment with student-selected assessors.
- A creative and responsive approach to COVID-19 when no clinical placements are available in aged care facilities.
The webinar will also facilitate discussion about some of the issues, challenges and benefits of engaging with eportfolios in Nursing.